Monday, November 30, 2009

New Home, New Tree

This year had to be one of my busiest, with a move, a new baby, and new business ventures, it left little time for me to drop by here and post projects that I had completed throughout the year, and there were many!
During the move, my ornaments for my Xmas tree were ruined, smashed and crumbled to smitherines, so during my Black Friday shopping, (yes ladies I participated, from 12am-8am!) I picked up new ornaments in a new color scheme that I am loving. So, here is my tree for this year :)

A new thing that I have started to do, and I'm kicking myself for, for not doing this sooner, is taking a handprint of my children this year and turning them into ornaments, I hope to continue this and do it again the same time next year and not only will it make my tree so much more personal and meaningful, but it'll be fun to see how much the children have grown in a year.


These are their hands, still in the creating stages, I haven't quite decided which material to use and how I will be decorating them, but you should see how small the littlest one is, those belong to my 4 month old *tear*

Now, some really cool ornaments that I just had to have, and you can see my color scheme for this year.


A yummy sour laffy taffy looking tree, makes me want to eat it everyday I see it



Cute not-so-little lollipop in neon green


Same lollipop, just in red


No topper this year, couldn't decide, but it does have my favorite word this time of the year...peace


And that's my tree w/ some presents, had to stop after finishing the 3rd roll, kids are spoiled and so am I :)

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

love your tree!!

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I love the tree. Beautiful! Great idea about the kids hand prints. I should do it with my grandson even though this is his second christmas. ~Blessings, Karen

Related Posts with Thumbnails