Monday, April 19, 2010

Alabama Style

I created a truly one of a kind piece that turned out better than I could have ever imagined.  My hands and fingers are sore as this piece was truly created mostly by hand--very time consuming, but so worth it.

I used an applique pattern from:  Alabama Stitch Book by Natalie Chanin

If you don't have this book in your library yet, this is truly a must-have.  I created my own A-line dress/jumper pattern to trace the applique onto.

Using the reverse applique technique is really easy, but when it's what felt like a million stitches, I don't know the likelihood that I will ever be recreating this dress:



My main outer layer is Linen, and then lined inside with 100% cotton...this is a pic I took during one of my many breaks



before I turned it into a dress...


Now being modeled by my daughter Bel and I even created a matching headband. 




Photobucket

1 comments:

Terri said...

I just got the book, "Alabama Studio Style" and can't wait to try some of the projects! Love, love, love your dress!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails