Saturday, January 24, 2009

I'm Back


Oh my, I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted on my blog. I can only apologize to my blog groups, swap partners, and friends for my unintentional absence from blog world. Many things were happening before, during and since my last post, many of which I did not blog about because it was personal information as well, but one of the reasons for my absence, we suffered a major loss in the family during Thanksgiving and were not able to bury him until right before Christmas because of a special request to be buried at Arlington Cemetery.

I've also been suffering from morning sickness, slight depression and battles w/ Graves Disease. For those who are unaware of the disease it is a thyroid condition-(Hyper) that I have been battling with since after my second pregnancy. Many many things, but I will spare you any further details because I have noticed I am pretty much close to crossing that line of TMI.

There has not been much sewing/quilting going on and I have decided to get rid of almost all of my fabrics & sewing supplies. NO..I have not stopped sewing completely, but the collection/stash was getting too far out of hand and taken over ever corner in my home causing rifts between my husband and I. Along w/ aquiring too much fabric and supplies, I also took on too much all at once and placed a lot of undue stress on myself to finish in time, for this many of my swap partners have experienced delays and for this I very much apologize. Too many orders, not enough hours in the day to finish them between my own company, etsy, and BizMarket along with swaps I was a VERY BUSY GIRL.

I'm still sewing & quilting, but I've decided to regretfully hold off on my own business and take another route. I have to say that I was very lucky to be given this opportunity to now be working closely with a sewing designer to be her pattern tester and to also create items for her to sell. I think this right now is the best for me since all material is being provided to me, I will be paid for my time along w/ that I will be receiving material to keep my own--How cool is that? I am hopeful this will work out in the long run and alleviate much of the stress that has befallen me since I decided to make quilts for work. Now I get to focus on my charity quilts which have been slowly progressing. I will post photos on my next post once I am able to take better photos of them..I promise!

So I haven't left completely. I'm slowly getting back into the groove. I'm catching up now trying to read the all the posts I've missed--SORRY! I've missed you all & thank for all the kind words during my absence :) It was great to come back to those comments!

10 comments:

Lindi said...

So sad to hear of your loss and additional stresses.
You have obviously really given things a lot of thought. You must do what is right for you and your family and the new little one. I do hope things improve for you. The new job sounds very promising. Best of luck with it.
Take care of yourself!
Hugs.

Shari said...

It's ok Abbie. You blog without obligation so you don't owe any apologies. I'm just happy you are basically ok and sorting out the things that aren't quite working right. We should do this often - we'd all be a little bit happier. This is about you and your family - not us out in blogland! Of course we wish you every success and look forward to keeping in touch with what you're up to. And your bits and pieces that you have to get rid of will eventually get made in to useable items so feel good about that! Wishing you all the best...
*hugs* Shari

Carla said...

I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to see you are back and hope things get better.

whoopsadasie said...

I have missed you. I was sorry to hear of your loss and all the stresses that you have been going through. Glad to hear that you are slowing down...I think that is best for your health and your baby.

I hope that you are feeling better soon!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Welcome back...

It is never easy keeping the creative juices going when one is feeling blah...and it is even harder when you are trying to be creative because you "have to" Perhaps some time creating because you want to will be just the thing...I've been working on some charity quilts lately and it's a nice change to the "commitments".

Skraptacular Designs said...

Hi Abbie...I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! Please know you and your loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers!

On a better note, I'm glad to hear about your new and exciting journey and hope it works out the best for you!

Congratulations! When are you due?

Anyways, glad you're back and hope things go well for you in 2009!

Hugs,
Priscilla SBS#26

marmee said...

welcome back abbie,i hope you will find a wonderful balance in this new year.

Beth said...

I am sorry for the loss you experienced this past holiday, as well as all that added stress. It sounds as though you have a great idea of how to get things all figured out and I hope it works well for you :O)

Tina said...

So sorry to hear of all the stress that you have had to endure in the past few months. I hope things will be turning around for you and you can see some sun shining in the future. Please don't worry about my "bag of fabric." If you want to send it back, or keep it, I wouldn't mind one bit. Just let me know. I don't want to add to any more stress to you at all!

carrie said...

Welcome back! We have missed you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails